With so many insurance companies out there offering auto insurance, deciding who to go with can be challenging. If you’re planning to drive a car, you will definitely need to have auto insurance. Hopefully, this guide will give you some insight about choosing the best auto insurance for you.
Factors That Help You Get The Best Insurance Rates
- A Good Car: Every car has a different insurance rate. When buying a new car, consider and check the insurance rate for the particular make, model, and year.
- A Lower Deductible: Be sure to check your deductible amount. You can choose to pay a higher premium so you don’t have to pay more out of pocket in the event of an accident.
- A Good Credit Score: Insurance companies will often take your credit score into consideration. A better credit score statistically means you’ll be able to make your payments, and this translates into lower risk for the insurance company, and a lower premium for you.
- A Clean Driving Record: Having a good driving record is looked upon favorably by insurance companies. It will help you lock in a lower rate than having a bad driving record.
Factors That Decrease Your Auto Insurance Premium
- Moving to a safer neighborhood
- Buying a car with anti-theft features
- Having a driver’s license for a long period of time
- Combining your policy with your spouse
- Insuring your home and other cars with the same company
- Academically successful undergraduates
- Old age
- Reduced mileage
Factors That Increase Your Auto Insurance Premium
- Moving to a high-crime neighborhood
- Buying an older, more dangerous model car
- Traffic violations and past at-fault claims
Types of Auto Insurance Coverage Minimums in California
California requires drivers to carry at least the following auto insurance coverages:
Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: $15,000 per person / $30,000 per accident minimum
Property Damage Liability Coverage: $5,000 minimum
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage: $15,000 per person / $30,000 per accident minimum
Uninsured Motorist Property Damage Coverage: $3,500 minimum
Choosing the right auto insurance for you can require some time and effort, but once you find the right provider, you can stay with them for as long as you’re happy. A great way to get a feel for the insurance company is to call them and ask questions. This will allow you to experience the quality of their customer service, as well as compare their rates to other providers.
Contact A Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or your loved one has suffered an injury as the result of a car accident, be sure to work with a qualified personal injury lawyer so you and your loved ones can get the monetary compensation you deserve.
Contact The Law Offices of Michael A. Rabban at 818-272-8882 today for your free consultation.